Trauma and Child Criminal Exploitation (CCE)
This is a new introductory course that uses current research to provide a basic understanding of trauma, trauma dynamics and the core principles of trauma-informed practice, with particular focus on children and young people involved with serious youth violence and CCE. This training helps practitioners to recognise and sensitively respond to people who have experienced trauma, and explores a strengths-based approach vital for every person working in social care and criminal justice sector.
Who is this course for?
Anyone in the workplace from diverse sectors including but not limited to criminal justice, social care, health, mental health, community, domestic and family violence, child protection, emergency, disability, housing, settlement, employment services and other front-line care professionals.
- Understand what a trauma informed approach is and why adopting this is good for service users
- Gain an understanding of the types, prevalence, neurobiology and impacts of trauma
- Consider a strengths based and skills building approach to working with children and young people involved with serious youth violence and CCE
- Learn how to respond positively to support recovery and avoid re-traumatisation
- Understand the importance of self-care and support in the context of adopting a trauma informed approach
- Take away practical, adaptable tools that will help you to work in a trauma informed way.
To be announced.
Interested in this course? Our trainers can come to you and deliver on site. Give our team a call to see if we can meet your requirements - 02035984109
£100 including booking fees and VAT. Early Bird tickets are available at £85. Start time 10.00. Finish time 16.00. The course consists of power points, audio visual resources, group discussions and activities. All places must be booked through the online booking system using a debit or credit card. Invoices can also be requested online.
CPD Accredited Content
This training course is officially CPD-certified, giving attendees the opportunity to benefit from up to 6 hours of CPD-accredited content across the day.